Friday, August 5, 2011

Odemwingie doubtful for Nigeria V Ghana Friendly


Osaze Odemwingie is a doubt for Nigeria's friendly against Ghana in London. 
 


Odemwingie, recently recalled after a two-match suspension by Nigeria, took an ankle hit in his club's pre-season game against Bristol City on Saturday, and was among several first team regulars left out of the West Brom squad that travelled to Greece to face Olympiakos.

"I still have a bit of pain around my ankle and although it is recovering well, I will have to be 100 percent fit before I can play," Odemwingie tells KickOffNigeria.com.

"Our next pre-season game is against Parma, and I dont think I will be ready for that.

"But I am doing my best and the medical team are working really hard to get me back and fully fit again.

"I'm hoping I can be ready on time for the game on Tuesday, but if I am not 100 percent fit, I don’t think I will risk it."

Nigeria play Ghana on Tuesday, August 9, at Watford's Vicarage Road ground. 

Source: kickoffnigeria.com

No comments:

Post a Comment