Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Norwegian club hook rising star Ehiosun

Ekigho Ehiosun made a goal-scoring Super Eagles debut earlier this month against Sierra Leo
Norwegian club Stabaek are set to offer four-year contracts to Warri Wolves striker Ekhigo Ehiosun and Heartland forward Osas Okoro, MTNFootball.com has been informed.
This season, 20-year-old Ehiosun has netted seven goals, while Okoro has four goals and both won full international caps in a recent friendly against Sierra Leone with Ehiosun scoring in a 2-0 win in Lagos.
The players’ agent, Olayiwola Odukoya, a director of Oltim Sports Marketing based in London, revealed that Stabaek Norway director, Tom Schelvan, has been following the progress of the players with keen interest most especially Ehiosun and wants them in Norway to sign contracts.
"Schelvan has been very cooperative and has agreed that both Ehiosun and Okoro now join the team after the Super Eagles US Invitational Tournament that starts in Dallas, Texas this Saturday," Odukoya told MTNFootball.com.
"The players were to have joined Stabaek this week, but the director has permitted them to take part in the US tournament after which they will join the team on March 3. You know the Eagles will return to Nigeria on March 1."
The agent added: "The Norwegian club want my players to train with them for two weeks just to ascertain their level of fitness after which we will now sign the contract papers."
An excited Ehiosun told MTNFootball.com, "I thank the Almighty God that all the good things are happening to me now. I started by scoring a hat-trick, followed by scoring the winning goal for the Eagles in a friendly against Sierra Leone.
"Also, I am US-bound with the Eagles after which I would also travel to Norway on March 3 for a two-week trial with Stabeak, who are very keen in signing me and Osas Okoro.I am very grateful to God, to coaches Samson Siasia and Simon Kalika for giving me the exposure and my Warri Wolves' technical crew and also my manager, Olayiwola Odukoya."
Okoro also confirmed the trip to Norway.
Stabaek won the Norwegian league in 2008. Last year, they finished 12th in the Tippeligaen

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment