Friday, March 9, 2012

'Jay Jay' Okocha casts doubts on India comeback

Former Nigeria World Cup skipper Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha has cast doubts on a comeback in a new lucrative league in India.

The 38-year-old midfielder has been lined up as one of the top stars in the I-League, but he has now said he will have to consider his family and business commitments before he decides on whether he will lace his boots again.

“My going back to India depends on my health because I'm not growing any younger, I have to consider my family and businesses as well,” Okocha said in Abuja.

“But I'm not ruling out the possibilities of playing in India again.”

Okocha has featured for several top European clubs including Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbache and Bolton Wanderers.

He last starred for Hull City in England in 2008.

‘Jay Jay’ is to earn about $550,000 for two months of work in India, reports said.

He has been listed under the club Durgapur and will work with former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia.

However, the proposed league, which will also draw other top football stars like Hernan Crespo, Fabio Cannavaro and Robert Pires has suffered several postponements and hitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment