Friday, March 2, 2012

Onigbinde quits NFF committee


Chief Adegboye Onigbinde has resigned his membership of the NFF .

Apparently irked by the happenings in the committee, Onigbinde told SuperSport.com that he has decided to opt out of the committee to protect his hard earned name.

"Unfortunately, I am supposed to be close to the committee but I have realised that I am not fully part of them.

"When you are not conversant with events in a committee you belong to you consider pulling out.

"Now you discover that the technical committee is run through the internet.

"When there was speculation that I was quitting, the committee chairman said I should send my resignation letter.

"It clearly showed that you are unwanted. So I want to confirm authoritatively to you now that I am pulling out from the committee. I'm quitting the committee.

<>"Let me save the little respect I still command in the minds of some people," Onigbinde told SuperSport.com.
On the alleged plan to blacklist some foreign-based professionals from the national team due to their below par performance against Rwanda in the 2013 Afcon qualifier, the former Nigerian manager asked whether those players forced themselves on us.

"I'm not aware of such a move and I may not know because some of us will not be allowed to know.

"I know it is our practice to look for scapegoats. I know some people would be singled out for blame over the draw against Rwanda in Kigali.

"But did the Europe-based professionals force themselves on us?

"We need a team in football to excel not individuals. What do you make of players coming to camp at the day of departure to a major competition, how are they going to blend?

"Our problem is administrative not technical or the material.

"We have abundant players, grassroots development is the way out and Zambia have shown the way," said the Caf and Fifa technical committee member.

No comments:

Post a Comment