Friday, March 9, 2012

Uche Nwofor dreams Champions League

Former Nigeria youth international Uche Nwofor has revealed he is looking forward to feature in the glamorous UEFA Champions League.
 
The ex-Rangers striker, who was the top scorer at last year’s Africa U20 Championship, said he was excited watching his former team mate at VVV Venlo Ahmed Musa in action for CSKA Moscow in the Champions League against Real Madrid and now craves for such soon.
 
“I was breathless watching on television, and thought 'I want that too'. I can get to that level. I just need to work hard and then the clubs themselves will come,” Nwofor told Voetbal International Magazine.
 
The VVV Venlo ace is reported to now be courted by the Russian army team, but he said one of his biggest wishes is to play for Chelsea even though he is a Manchester United fan.
 
“My favourite club is Manchester United, but many great black players have played for Chelsea. I want to follow their footsteps,” said the 20-year-old striker, who has scored three goals this season for his struggling Dutch club.

No comments:

Post a Comment