Thursday, December 10, 2009

Joseph Yobo ruled out until the end of the year


Joseph Yobo will be out of action for Everton and Nigeria until the end of the year because of injury.
The 29-year-old pulled a hamstring during his club's 2-2 draw with Tottenham on Sunday.
It means he will be out until Christmas but he is hoping to still be fit for the Nations Cup in Angola next month.
"A scan carried out showed that it was a familiar hamstring injury [and] that I should rest until the end of the year," Yobo told BBC Sport on Thursday.
"They (doctors) anticipate that I should be fully back at the end of December.
"Unfortunately that will cost me a chance to help out my club at this demanding and crucial stage of the season."
Yobo was substituted after only 15 minutes during the Premier League game on Sunday.
"Everton means a lot to me because it is my second family but my thoughts and prayers will be with the team while I recover," he added.

"Hopefully I will return a better and fitter player at the beginning of 2010, a special year for Nigeria football.
"The physiotherapists have got a grip of the situation and the method of perfect recovery and that is the path we are taking at the moment."
Nigeria coach Shaibu Amodu has already lost striker Ikechukwu Uche to injury for Angola.
Obafemi Martins, Seyi Olofinjana, Danny Shittu and Yusuf Muhammed are all in a race to be fit for the Cup of Nations, which kicks off on 10 January.
Nigeria will face defending champions Egypt, Mozambique and Benin in the group phase of the biennial tournament.

Story from BBC SPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment