Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Aisha Falode sets to change women league

Chairmanship aspirant of the Nigeria women league election due for this weekend in Abuja, Aisha Falode has assured that the body under her leadership will witness a total turn around.

Miffed at the sorry state of the women league, Falode told SuperSport.com that she wants to bring to reality positive changes never witnessed in the history of the body.“I want to turn the fortune of the women league around for the best.
“Presently, it has no identity, no bearing, no focus and no vision. These are anomalies I will correct once I assumed the leadership of the body.
“It pains me to hear those who have been there before complaining of time constraint to carry out their work and I ask how long it will take somebody who has clearly stated programme and vision to bring positive changes to an association.
“They have tried but I want to put it on record that what looked impossible will be achieved within the shortest time.”
The Caf media committee member who said whatever positive fortune being enjoyed at the moment by the premier league is her handiwork assured that tens of that will be brought to bear on the women league.
“I am not entirely new to the terrain as wrongly assumed by some people. I was a pioneer member of the Nigeria premier league board in 2005 and the only woman on the board.
“The positive things premier league are enjoying today is my handiwork. I designed the premier league logo, created the match fixtures, brought television live telecast of league matches, gave the league an identity as well as initiated the inspection of stadia to ensure that matches were played on television friendly pitches.
“Now that SuperSport is televising premier league matches I laid the foundation.
“We have to start running the league strictly as business no more on sentiments. We need to have money to run the league so as to lighten the financial burden on club owners.
“If women league is not developed there is no how you will have quality players for the national teams including Super Falcons.
“I am an agent of positive change, that is what I will be bringing to the women league and more,” she said.
For the seasoned journalist to realize her dream, she must overcome the hurdles mounted by fellow chairmanship aspirants namely Fifa women committee member Alhaja Ayo Omidiran, Dilicchukwu Onyedinma and Princess Bola Jegede.


© SuperSport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment