Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Venus Williams with crisscrossed gold dress

Just when you thought Venus Williams had gone as far (and short) as possible, she manages to stretch the boundaries of tennis fashion a little bit more.
In her second-round match at the Australian Open, the seven-time Grand Slam champ  walked onto the court at Rod Laver Arena wearing a yellow tank-top dress with a crisscross pattern covering her bare abdomen. It looked like a mix between Solid Gold Dancer and Edward Scissorhands. 
Let me take this time to bow down to the genius of Venus Williams. Every time I post something about what she's wearing at a Grand Slam, I vow that it's the last time. I'm serious about it. I vow! And then -- BAM -- gold dress with a pie-crust top and miniskirt that looks like a Monet painting up close. It's a transparent ploy to get attention and it works every time.
Bravo, Venus. I'd call this your best yet, but I've learned my lesson. You still might have another match on Friday. 
Oh, and her earrings weren't bad either:
                                                          

2 comments: