Thursday, May 19, 2011

Taiwo passes Milan medical

Nigerian full-back ready to step into Maldini's boots

Taiwo: Will link up with Milan over the summer
The Nigeria international will complete a move to Italy over the summer, once his contract at Marseille comes to an end.
He will be charged with the task of filling the problematic left-back spot in Milan, with the Rossoneri having struggled in that area since the legendary Paolo Maldini hung up his boots.
Taiwo is confident he can handle the pressure which will be placed upon him and insists he had no hesitation in penning a three-year contract with the Serie A champions.

Proud

"This is a very, very big club and I am proud to be coming here," he said.
"When you visit the club you understand its culture and everything that comes with being a Milan player.
"Now everything is done I can relax and go on holiday.
"I will then return knowing that I have the chance to prove myself in the same position held by the greatest left-back football has ever seen, Paolo Maldini."

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of Taye Taiwo! What a big shoe to fill but I think He is capable!

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete