Friday, February 24, 2012

Mikel Obi confirms Anzhi approach

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi has confirmed he was contacted by Russian big spenders Anzhi Makhachkala over a possible move from Stamford Bridge.
 
MTNFootball.com broke the Anzhi interest on the Nigeria international only for some local media outlets to then quote the player’s agent, John Ola Shittu, as denying such a move.
 
However, the player himself told MTNFootball.com Thursday that he has been contacted by Anzhi officials.
 
But, he also said he has yet to give them his word if he will join the Russian team, who already have in their fold Samuel Eto’o, Roberto Carlos and Yuri Zhirkov.

“It is true that Anzhi officials contacted me and made a move to have me, but I have not given them my word yet,” he told only MTNFootball.com

“I am still a Chelsea player, changing clubs is not a decision to rush into, I love Chelsea and I am taking my time.
 
“I want to play always and that has not been happening for a while now but I hope after my recent injury problem, I will get a regular football action.”
 
The Jos-born star, who has not enjoyed regular football lately under Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, has said he may move if his fortunes at Chelsea do not change.
 
Mikel has been a subject of transfer rumours in recent time as he has been linked with a move away from Chelsea to Juventus, Real Madrid and PSG.
 
The 24-year-old star still has two years left on his contract with ‘The Blues’.

No comments:

Post a Comment