Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stephen Keshi confident to squash Wasps

Keshi


Super Eagles’ head coach, Stephen Keshi has expressed confidence in his troops ahead of Wednesday’s Africa Cup of nations qualifier against Rwanda.

Keshi says he believes Nigeria can record a positive result against a side ranked 26th in Africa and 108th in the world.

“Obviously, we hope we get a good result against Rwanda because this is a crucial game. I have confidence in the players that I have selected and I am positive we will get a good result in Kigali,” he said.

The Nigerian coach also launched an astonishing tirade at the Nigerian media for their ‘lack of support’ toward him ahead of Wednesday’s 2013 Afcon qualifier against Rwanda’s Amavubi.

Keshi is unhappy that he did not receive any information about Wednesday’s opponents from the Nigerian media and voiced his frustrations that he (Keshi) was the only one disseminating information about his side.

“I am disappointed with my friends in the (Nigerian) media because they have displayed a lack of support for me,” Keshi said on Monday.

“No one of you guys gave me any information about the Rwanda national team yet you all say we are building the national team together.

“How many of you gave me any information about Rwanda? I was the only one who kept giving out information about my team and my players but I got nothing about my opponents from you,” he said.

The Nigerian trainer also took time to speak on the state of his players ahead of Wednesday’s game.

“Most of them came in on Monday from their various European clubs. It’s not an easy situation but I have tried to get them mentally prepared for the game,” the former Nigerian captain.

The Nigerian team for the game against Rwanda is made up of 11 foreign pros and 11 domestically-based players and Keshi says no player is certain of a starting spot for Wednesday’s game.

“Anyone who thinks he can just walk into the team is making a mistake. There is no automatic shirt for anyone and I will only start those who are ready to play.

“Those who are not ready to give a hundred and ten percent of their commitment will not play,” Keshi concluded.

Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2012 Africa Nation’s Cup in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

© SuperSport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment