Monday, February 27, 2012

Osaze targets 18-goal season


Super Eagles' striker, Peter Osaze Odemwingie wants to beat his goals total of last season for his Barclays English Premier League club, West Bromwich Albion in the 2011/2012 season.

Odemwingie hit a brace for West Brom as they steamrolled Sunderland 4-0 at The Hawthorns on Saturday.

The striker’s double took his total for the season to nine goals but the former Lokomotiv Moscow man says he wants to score more goals this season than he managed last term.

The 30-year-old scored 15 goals and provided seven assists last season but his recent form which has seen him score five goals in his last three matches has seen him grow in self belief.

“People have asked me if I can beat my (goals) record (from last season) or hit double figures.

“I said yes, if I have a good run, maybe it’s possible. I’m happy (the goals are) coming,” Odemwingie said.

SuperSport.com can report that Odemwingie has already left the England to join his Super Eagles teammates for the 2013 Africa Nation’s Cup qualifier against Rwanda in Kigali on February 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment