Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ehiosun risks Eagles chop

Ekigho Ehiosun – a botched transfer could now see him miss out of the Eagles Nations Cup qualifier against Ethiopia ...

Warri Wolves striker Ekigho Ehiosun could well be dropped from the Super Eagles squad for a Nations Cup qualifier after his agent seized his passport following a botched transfer to Norway.
Warri Wolves spokesman, Timi Ebikagboro, told MTNFootball.com that the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) side have lodged a formal protest to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) over the seizure of their player’s passport.
The striker, who scored against Sierra Leone on his Eagles debut last month, will not be eligible for the Ethiopia tie on March 27 without his international passport.
However, Ehiosun’s angry agent, Olayiwola Odukoya, has stuck to his guns, insisting he will only surrender the document on the payment of over $13,000 (two million naira) he invested on the player.
“The player’s international passport is with me and I am not releasing the passport until Warri Wolves pay me two million naira,” he said.
“When I was spending money on Ehiosun, when I was taking him to Qatar, I never had this problem. But now that he was to sign for Stabeak in Norway for me to recoup my investment, the club are now a stumbling block.
“The (sports) commissioner was boasting that he will pay me back all the money I have spent on the player because the boy is not going any where.”
The London-based agent told MTNFootball.com that he has invested heavily on the striker including selling off his car to pay for some of the player’s expenses.
“I sold my car because of Ehiosun. I took him to Qatar in December and we came back to Nigeria on Christmas eve after spending almost two weeks in Qatar, where he was on trials with Ak-Wakra,” he revealed.
“You don’t mess with somebody just like that. When I was taking this boy up and down, nobody talked.”
He poured cold water on allegations by Warri Wolves that he did not carry them along in respect of the player’s trip to Norway.
“I had two copies of the invitation letters from Stabeak. I gave Ehiosun a copy to give to his club, while I submitted the Nigeria Football Federation’s copy through the Eagles secretary (Dayo Enebi) since the player was in Eagles camp then,” he explained.
“So, what are Warri Wolves saying? Ehiosun can’t deny the fact I gave him the club’s copy and he promised to give it to his club.
“I did everything I supposed to do. I am not stupid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment